Sunday, June 15, 2008

jon eric nelson

Photobucket

This is my Dad. I believe this picture was taken in 1975 by my mom when they were newlyweds finishing degrees at BYU. My Dad has always been tall and slender with great taste in music and art. He learned how to play the guitar as a preteen and has been playing ever since. Each of his sons, in turn, have become quite accomplished guitarists. Currently, he works as a senior phychologist at Kaiser Permanente in Stockton, CA and as a stake high councilman in the LDS church there.

I have learned so much from my dad, he really is quite a teacher in that he teaches by example. He is thoughtful, funny, a good listener and he loves my mom. In fact, many, many times growing up, and to this day, my dad will come in the room, put his arms around my mom and say to us, 'Kids, have I ever told you that I love your mom?', and we say, 'Yes, Dad' and he says, ' because I do I love her!' and then he hugs and kisses her until she tells him to, 'Eric! Stop it!'.

Dad you are a wonderful father to me, Ryan, Jeff and Scott! Thank you and Happy Father's Day!- marianne