Wednesday, June 25, 2008

audrey's buns

Photobucket

Before Christmas, my sweet visiting teacher, Audrey Stokes, invited me to her house to teach me how to make hot rolls. I have since been practicing at getting mine as soft and tasty as hers. Up here all the ladies use organic everything for cooking and it has rubbed off a bit on me. So these buns are made with organic milk, eggs, sugar, butter, salt and whole wheat ground from a wheat grinder! (I have yet to get my own, but I can't wait because you can taste the difference). So, seven months later, I can confidently say that I make a pretty good dinner roll! Thank you Audrey!

Recipe for Audrey's Sweet, Hot Buns (hee hee- I'm terrible)

Scald 2 cups milk
Add: 1 square butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp salt
Cool
Add: 1/2 cup warm water (that has had 2 tblsp yeast dissolved in it)
2 beaten eggs
6-7 cups flour, 1 cup @ a time

Section out into rolls and place in baking pan, let rise in warm area for 45-60 minutes. Bake @ 375 for 8-10 minutes.