Monday, January 19, 2009

happy mlk jr. day!

Photobucket

Happy MLK Jr. day! It is cool that we have this day to remember and to recommit to the words of Reverend King in his famous address at the Washington Monument. For FHE we watched him on YouTube. Chills ran through me, as always, when he speaks about his four children being judged not on the color of their skin but by the content of their character. So- why the picture of me and my mom and dad- you may ask? Because parents and family are the main teachers of racism or of love for mankind. My parents, Janine and Eric have been great examples to me of love and compassion for all people. I want to pass this example on to my kids. That means that this day shoudn't be used as just a vacation day- to go skiing or shopping or indulging in one's own wants- hopefully we can use it as a day to remember and relearn what this great man meant for us to learn. There, I'm done, now just let me step off this soap box here... ;)