Thursday, March 20, 2008

diet coke & double bubble gum






I am a 31 year old, college educated mother of two. I consider myself health conscious and our family is physically active, we eat home cooked meals together for dinner almost every night...you get the idea. But, oh brother, here it comes...I have these two very unhealthy vices that I picked up as a teenager in late nights working as part of the journalism team in high school. We would be having to get the paper out to press and we would order pizza and make runs to 7-11 for sugar and caffeine, my purchase always being a 32 oz. Diet Coke and a handful of the perfectly pink confection, Double Bubble gum. And now, how ever many years later, lets not count them okay- I still love, love, love to pick up an ice cold soda pop and bright pink, chewy, tasty bubble gum! When I do this, my Myka girl reminds me, 'Diet Coke is not healthy for you, Mamma...you need to drink water...water is healthy for you, Mamma'.)