Wednesday, January 20, 2010

i get it

Photobucket

So now, way, way, way after the crazy for Twilight by Stephanie Meyer, I finally rented the movie- and went cookoo for that English Cedric Diggory kid- is that wrong? (I am 32, he is like 22 or something- grossoldladymarianne!)

Yes- TEAM EDWARD over here- all the way!

Like, three years ago, I noticed all my teen dancers coming to class with their eyes hungrily soaring through the latest installment in the Twilight saga. Then, about two years ago, I noticed women my age were passing the set all around to each other, work friends, church friends... but I just wasn't interested in a 'written for teens' series...

Well, then in November, I asked Aaron to pick it up at Hollywood and then watched it during the day with Josy asleep on my chest while Myka and Haily were at school. And I finally understood what the crazy was all about.

What girl wouldn't go bananas for a book/movie like this? I mean or at least have fun following Bella through her first experience with true love. Every girl dreams of a romance like this- I don't know about the vampire part- but the stuff where a guy longs to be near you, wants to rescue you from danger, and needs you as bad as a drug addict needs heroin (paraphrasing)- that stuff is the crux of young female desire- and Sister Meyer hit it perfect with Bella and Edward.

In the movie, when he looks her in the eye and says, "I don't have the strength to stay away from you anymore," that was it- I finally got it. (And now I am reading it, thank you Santa..)